[ale] OT: Windows XP media?

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Mon May 19 08:27:03 EDT 2008

Good morning,

Sorry for the OT posting but let me explain. I've got an old
laptop with XP on it. I tried using a disk imager to copy the
laptop's hard drive to a new one and booting a new system with
this new drive (it's for my middle school daughter). I tried
everything I know and could google but it would not boot
(it would start to boot and then reboot - repeating this cycle
until I turned it off). So I have an XP product key, but I'm
looking for XP media for installing. Any ideas?

Now, the fun part... I'm going to replace the hard drive in
the laptop with one of these:

http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/ad44midecf.asp

An hopefully, install a distro, probably Ubuntu and Icewm,
to a RAID-1 device using a couple of CF cards. How cool is that?!!
Anyone tried one of these beasties yet?

Thanks!

Jeff