[ale] bittorrent issues with Bellsouth

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu May 15 20:19:03 EDT 2008

I've done a bit of research on this issue and apparently there are a
number of ISPS that are throttling bandwidth when users are using
bittorrent.  Apparently this shows up as a high number of tcp-resets.

What I've recently experienced is my connection is actually dropped and
I have to power cycle my modem to get the connection back up again.

I don't think this is a coincidence as it's happened twice in the past
week and only when I had bittorrent running.

Anyone else with Bellsouth seen anything like this?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin