[ale] OT: Know any elderly-Mac wizards?*

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Tue May 13 13:48:52 EDT 2008

ALErs -

* I don't care about the wizards' ages; the computer is an iMac about 7 years old.

I'm having a $%^&*!! of a time exporting my wife's e-mail and address book
from Outlook Express 5.0 in MacOS-8.6 to anything else! Exported and
database files don't look like clean matches to the MsWin versions for the
OE-5/6. I've gotten to the point I can probably convert the address book
semi-manually with a spreadsheet, but I've absolutely no idea how to
capture the mail files.

I am headed for Thunderbird in Vista (more $%^&*@@!!), but if I get them
into any recent MsWin app, I can probably finish the job.

Any clues or good sources of this type info?

Thanks.

  - John