[ale] Tweaking 'emacs' font size

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Mar 31 17:51:01 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 17:02 -0400, John Mills wrote:
> 'emacs' screens on my laptop's KDE desktop use an inconveniently small
> font. How can I set larger font size[s] (presumably in '~/.gnu-emacs'
> or nearby)?

Click Options->Customize Emacs->Browse Customization Groups.  Go to the
"Faces" group, then "Basic Faces", and customize the default face.

Once you have it right, you can save the settings, and they'll be put in
your ~/.emacs file, retained for the future.

In the upcoming Hardy Herson, btw, if you use Kubuntu, Emacs will have
support for using system TrueType fonts.  Makes it much, _much_ easier
on the eyes.  :-)

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us