[ale] Ubuntu 8.04 not an LTS release?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Mar 29 09:26:45 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 03:02 -0400, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I just read on the Kubuntu site that Canonical has decided to not have
> 8.04 as an LTS release.  I could not confirm this on the regular
> Ubuntu site.  Is this true?

Is this just Kubuntu, or does this include all of the Ubuntu family?

If it includes all of the Ubuntu family, then I would have to say that I
am breathing a sigh of relief.  There is just too much that (still) does
not work quite right, and using Ubuntu's rules of "we won't change
things once it's released," well, I doubt very much that 8.04 will be
used for even six months without it being modded a great deal.  :-)

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber