[ale] OT: bad sound card or bad speakers?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:44:11 EDT 2008

Hmm. This can also be driver troubles.  I have a brand-new Creative SB
Audigy 2 which sounds terrible, as if it's overdriving the speakers no
matter how I fiddle with the mixer. I suspect that it's a software problem.
You might also make sure you have your speakers plugged into the correct
jack.

You could try what's coming out of your headphone jack with a pair of
phones. That'd give you an additional data point.

I'd also spend some Quality Time with my mixer settings, as they can often
be a source of sound troubles.

-- CHS