[ale] OT: bad sound card or bad speakers?

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Mar 17 10:27:04 EDT 2008

On 03/16/2008 07:44:44 AM, Jim Philips wrote:
> Whenever I turn the sound up on my computer these days, I get some
> very
> annoying static. I'm all prepared to replace some hardware. But which
> is the
> bad component? My sound card or my speakers? Since I don't have a
> spare of
> either, how can I test?

I don't have an answer for you, but I want you to know that I respect
the problem!

Just a totally random thought, but have you twisted/replugged the plug
between the sound card and speakers?

After that, I suspect that you will need to borrow a sound source
compatible with your speakers to test them.

Sorry to not be any real help here.