[ale] Two questions

Atlanta Geek atlantageek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:25:18 EST 2008

Hi Dylan.
Avnet is our server provider and our eventual goal is for them to
install our image at their site and ship the server.
They suggested I use Ghost 11.
A couple more questions about ghost 11. Does Ghost 12 work as well?
Is there anything online detailing how to do this.  since the server
is linux I assume I need some sort of windows or dos boot disk.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Dylan Northrup <docx at io.com> wrote:
> We use Ghost 11 with little issue.  We don't have any LVM stuff setup, so
>  it's a vanilla single disk setup, but it works well for us.
>
>  There were other alternatives we tried but we weren't able to find something
>  that worked as simply as Ghost (and since we're going to be doing this in an
>  assembly line fashion, ease of use was paramount so we didn't mind paying
>  for the software).  I will check out Avnet to see what benefits, if any, it
>  has over Ghost.  It does sound very interesting.
>
>  A long time ago, (05.03.08), in a galaxy far, far away, Atlanta Geek wrote:
>
>  :=First, thanks everyone for the snmp guidance from last week.  It was a
>

> :=combination of several things.  Among them not having snmptrapd
>  :=configured to accept external traps and a long forgotten firewall was
>  :=blocking as well.
>  :=I have two new questions.
>  :=We are trying to take an image of a Linux server that we will clone
>  :=over and over again on our appliances.  anyone have any suggestions.
>  :=Also has anyone worked with Avnet before. They suggested I use ghost
>  :=11 to clone machines but I see conflicting stories on the internet on
>  :=how well ghost supports linux file systems.
>  :=
>  :=Anyway I appreciate any response.
>  :=Thanks
>  :=-Tommie
>  :=
>  :=P.S. Doug that  lost packet/resending packets issue was caused by a
>  :=bad router. Linksys blows, and not in the good way either.
>  :=
>  :=
>  :=
>
>  --
>  Dylan Northrup - docx at io.com - http://www.io.com/~docx/
>  "Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's
>   really worth it if you give it a try." -- Cowboy Mouth, 'Easy'

Stability is for the weak!!!
Long live the next big thing.