[ale] Need help printing from Kubuntu

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:23:13 EST 2008

Please be more specific about the model. Is it a DeskJet? LaserJet? I
can't look up information on it at http://www.linuxprinting.org/
without the full model description.

If I understand you correctly, the printer is using the color
cartridge to print black and white documents instead of using only the
black cartridge. As Jim Kinney suggests, there should be a setting in
the CUPS administration panel to fix this. But I can't give you the
exact setting without being able to look it up at the aforementioned
website.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/