[ale] Library is blocking my web site!

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jun 24 20:31:46 EDT 2008

William Bagwell wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2008, Jim Lynch wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have at least two sites that I
>> have complete control over including root access.
>>

> Is the blocked site on shared hosting?
>
> Podunk little testing and backup site I maintain is on a shared host, and
> while I have not yet found it blocked anywhere. The main site is hosted in
> the Netherlands and also on a shared host. It is (or was) totally blocked at
> Appalachian Tech because one of the other sites at that IP is hard porn. (No
> I do *not* have the link handy.)
>
> http://groupsearch.alt-config.net/engine.html and
> http://groupsearch.aacity.net/engine.html if anyone wants to see if there net
> nannies at work or school are blocking either.

Yes it is, but they  (the shared hosting site) have a rule about porn
and seem to be pretty good about policing it.  The librarian said it was
a "vehicle" site.  She didn't seem to know what that meant.  It does
involve some sort of a vehicle if you can consider a 41' sailboat a
vehicle.  In any case I have no idea why a library would block vehicle
web sites.

Thanks,
Jim.