[ale] USB to Serial adapters

Chris Kleeschulte chris.kleeschulte at it.libertydistribution.com
Mon Jun 23 09:23:43 EDT 2008

We use usb to serial converters a lot with our thin clients (linux
gentoo and debian etch)...we have had great success with these products:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=555201

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1105751

the keyspan modules work really great, except for older cold plug/
udev kernels like 2.6.9 and lower...I had to adjust the cold plug
settings to allow the keyspan modules to load the devices to be created.

thanks,
Chris Kleeschulte