[ale] pkg-config --define-variable error

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 16:32:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm getting the error "Must specify package names on the command line"
when I run the command pkg-config --define-variable.  This is the actual
command:

[marc at marc ~]$ pkg-config
--define-variable=taglib-sharp=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/taglib-sharp.pc
Must specify package names on the command line

Background: I'm trying to install Banshee 1.0 from source since I don't
know how to update or check my distro's repository (Fedora 8).  After
about 4 dependies issue I got to taglib-sharp and installed it (from
source) just fine, but it looks like my pkg-config is not looking in
my /usr/local/lib folder and just my /usr/lib folder for .pc files.
Thanks for any help.