[ale] Are there any resellers in Atlanta that support linux?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 11 15:33:53 EDT 2008

deritchie at earthlink.net wrote:
> Just curious, is anyone on the list working with a local VAR that has a linux focus? Similarly, are there local companies that are using linux as a primary platform (outside of Google)?

We are local and we focus primarily on Linux as our delivery platform.
We are not considered vars nor do we sell PCs pre-loaded.  We sell
servers with our software and embedded devices with Linux.  We sell
NOTHING loaded with Windows however 99.9% of our customers use Windoze
as their primary interface to our system (IE).
> On the same vein, is there any IT shops locally that one can consider 'clueful'?

One of our consultants is clueful and can assist in your procurement of
Linux hardware.

On the server side I've had to work with VARs to get them onto the same
page when it comes to Linux.   I've had very good luck with MBX but they
are located in California and Chicago.   We still use them to provide
our servers.

I think you'll find in Atlanta many companies that primarily use Linux
but are not really VARs in the sense they sell pre-loaded systems.
They are like me and sell a solution that uses Linux to run on for
OBVIOUS reasons.