[ale] wireless at Starbucks

Sean drifter at oppositelock.org
Sun Jun 8 23:26:08 EDT 2008

On Sunday 08 June 2008 10:20:23 pm Jim Kinney wrote:
> My wireless router is completely unlocked. I was the first person in my
> neighborhood to have wireless (and ISDN and DSL, and...) and I set it up
> so anyone nearby could sit outside with their laptop and the the
> Intertubes. Why? Because I can.

Ah, yes. You can.
But if your neighbor starts downloading kiddie pr0n using your unlocked
wireless, the cops are going to come looking for you and not him. It is
your computers they will carry away (absolutely all of them). It is you
they will harass for weeks and weeks, not him. The cops are absolutely nutz
on this issue and seem to go around like the proverbial bull in the china
shop hunting for the preverts. On this issue you are absolutely guilty
until you can prove yourself innocent.

Sean