[ale] Wireless at resrots

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jun 5 22:24:49 EDT 2008

I think this might be the 3rd or 4th time I've ran into this problem with
no resolution.  It makes me a bit nervous that I may have to keep a Vista
partition on my laptop just to get on the Internet.

I'm at the Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach.  I'm on Vista because it is my
only choice.  For some odd reason  my laptop refuese to connect up
to any of thei APs here.  They have a mesh network with multiple APs.

For the most part I've not had any problems doing Linux wireless until I
go on vacation.  My last problem was at a Sheraton resort in Orlando.  If you
research the ALE archives you'll see I experienced a problem where my card
would connect but only work for 5 minutes.  The only way I was able to work
wireless there was in Vista.

Has anyone esle experienced strangeness in connecting to access points
from Linux?  Any solution?

I'm using an Ac er 5100 with a Broadcom b/g embedded card.

Thanks,
Chris