[ale] Setting up dual boot machine

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:23:22 EDT 2008

Pete Hardie wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My wife is finally going to join the Linux world, but she wants to
> take baby steps, so I need to lean about
> setting up a dual-boot system onto her Windoze machine.  Anyone have
> pointers to a good tutorial?
>
> TIA,

I am a big fan of resizing your partitions or ghosting / imaging the
disks using a LiveCD.  Clonezilla and Gparted are at the top of my list
for these things (and they have a combined live version).

There's just something about resizing a disk that you are currently
using that bothers me.

Other than that, you shouldn't have issues while following the advice
the others have given.