[ale] [OT] Mojave Experiment

Forsaken forsaken at targaryen.us
Wed Jul 30 23:44:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:59:05 -0400
Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Incompatibility? Really a strawman.  I've since wanted them to stop
> being directly backwards compatible.  Any old programs can be run in
> some kind of sandbox, vm.  Wine for windows?

While I agree that it would be nice if they'd stop crippling the OS to
avoid breaking older apps (and they already do this anyway... I know of
a few folks that are stuck on Server 2003 vanilla because the service
packs break their applications and the programmer isn't available
anymore).

Part of me wishes they'd license BootCamp from Apple and port it.