[ale] [OT] Mojave Experiment

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:31:55 EDT 2008

I used to do some QA for a company that was coming out with a Vista version
of their client. You think Vista is slow, try running it in a VM :o The
things that really get me are the small things. I expected Vista to be an
improvement on top of XP and thought it might add some cool things in Aero
that have been in Linux window managers for a while; things like lazy focus,
virtual desktops, and alt+lclick to drag windows around. But Vista instead
comes out with something that doesn't even conform to its past interface
standards (I'm using that term very loosly). Things like an "Apply" settings
button are now missing and settings get applied the instant you make them
(well, not instantly, see afore-mentioned slowness). There are also alot of
interface inconsistencies in their Wizards. Then, Vista promised all of
these new things, only to fail to deliver every.single.one.of.them. It ended
up feeling like a re-write of XP that was done very poorly. I would have
been happier with XP+a new theme...
Thanks for letting me vent,
-Steve Brown