[ale] Printer selections

Craig button craigb.rn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:14:10 EDT 2008

OK, I've checked out the open printing database and such, but I'm still
to chicken to cough up the bucks for a new printer.  I'm going to be
using this inkjet for about 80% text and 20% graphics, (mostly photo
using gimp)  I'm looking for an inexpensive one now, with a purchase of
a wide carriage one later this year. All my training has been with Epson
for photo shop, but I'm using a walmart lexmark special Z611 right now
that I need to replace.  I'm not really a brand nazi, just want
something that will work as advertised when I plug it in,and not require
lots of tweaking.  I was thinking the Epson R280 but just because I see
them cheap on CL all the time.