[ale] Extreme Practical Data Recovery

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Jul 17 10:57:16 EDT 2008

Chris Farris wrote:
> What I don't remember is if Mike discussed the pros/cons of recovering via
> direct IDE or via a USB enclosure. Also I think he spoke about how long his
> recovery took. I only managed to get 10G of a 200G harddrive in about 15hrs
> of copying.

Is that via usb?  I'm currently trying to recover a 160G drive.  I get
to about 30% and I get that scary clicking sound from the drive.  I'm
not trying to simply copy the data though.  I can't see a mountable
partition on the drive, so I'm using a, I hate to admit, windows based
recovery application.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin