[ale] Question about Imac

gcanter gcanter at atnex.net
Wed Jul 9 14:11:53 EDT 2008

I have used both VMWare Fusion and Parallels on a MacBook Pro and now a Mac Pro.  Yes, You can run Windows on a Mac, but you need to be careful on the gaming and USB support that Fusion and Parallels offer, as Apple does not handle peripherals like Windows.  Boot Camp might be a better bet, though I think Parallels has support for games and such.

If you run a virtualization program then you DO NOT need to run Boot Camp.  They are entirely 2 different animals.  Boot Camp turns the mac into a windows box/laptop from the boot process & is an Apple product.

Both VMWare Fusion and Parallels offer trial downloads.  I would suggest you go to their respective sites and look for users forums as well as letting Google be your friend.

- Greg