[ale] Firefox-3 and authorizing home-made certs

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 8 17:07:41 EDT 2008

ALErs -

We use s self-signed certificate from an unrecognized authority
(ourselves) on devices to which we connect _via_ web browser using 'https'
SSL links. Firefox-2 would flash a warning at this, but could suppress
future warnings against the same certificate.

With Firefox-3 it seems that each time a questionable certificate is
offered by a new connection, I must authorize a new exception. Is there
some way I can make a specific certificate automatically acceptable when
it is offered to my browser by a new web server?

Thanks.

  - Mills