[ale] OT: Out in left field (who's on 1st)

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Jul 3 20:13:23 EDT 2008

> right now and is really in the development stages. We're not sure if
> this is going to fly, so we're hesitant to spend a lot of money on this
> right now. I was hoping to just take a couple of clipart images and cut

Mike the serial geek entrepreneurs logo advice:

  -A version of it should look good in Black and White.
  -A version should look good against a white background.
  -A version of it should look good against a black background.
  -A version of it should look good really small.
  -You should be able to identify the company name
   and what they do (kinda) from a business card
   laying on the table, with you standing up.

I'm sure you have a collection of other peoples business cards.. lay them
all out on a table and pick out the serious companies and good designs you
like. Plagerism/mimicry is the highest form of flattery.

I once paid a serious graphic artist $500 for a logo he did in Adobe
Illustrator in about an hour. It looked a lot like the one I did in Gimp,
but the subtle changes he did with the fonts, curves, colors (2), etc..
were worth every penny, an amazing difference. Having it in .ai/.eps/.pdf
in high res vector was also worth every penny.

   That being said: Opinions are like bellybuttons..