[ale] XP Malware - XP Security Center

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:58:57 EDT 2008

Daniel you might want to try PC Tools Alternate Operating system Scanner

http://www.pctools.com/aoss/

Then after this has removed anything it finds try scanning it with the free
version of superantispyware

http://www.superantispyware.com/

also a tool you can try that will let you see what's being loaded on startup
which might help you track down what keeps reinstalling it is hijackthis

http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

Hopefully this will help you out. I had a particularly nasty trojan that
kept reinfecting one of my windows workstations at work and using a
combination of these tools and using some of the antivirus and spyware
removal tools found on the ultimate bootdisk for windows CD to remove it for
good.

The ultimate bood cd for windows can be made using tools from this website.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

hopefully these will help you get that nasty bit of code off of your system.

good luck, let us know if you're successful with cleaning it off.

Van