[ale] New system...

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Tue Jul 1 16:26:10 EDT 2008

> I need to find a very cheap replacement.  It only
> needs to run iptables, apache2
> and a couple little daemons.  I've looked at the bare bones systems
> from newegg but they all
> seem to have great prices but again, being barebones, nothing in
> them.

Thrift stores, e.g. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., is your friend.  Sometimes pawn shops but they're usually overpriced.  It doesn't sound like you really need any peripherals in them that you couldn't use from the other system, so I'd go the newegg route if you don't find anything at the local thrift store.

Cheers,
Robert Reese~