[ale] Yahoo Groups: perils?

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Tue Feb 26 21:39:21 EST 2008

On 2/26/2008 at 5:27 PM aaron wrote:

>I would suggest you show your list members some respect
>and go with Google Groups.
>
>The thing I most appreciate about Google's free services is that,
>even though they are funded through advertising, their adverts
>are not invasive, distracting or user abusive (a complete reversal
>of the dozens of flashing graphics and constant barage of cross
>promotional popups found on the commercial webmail access
>portals and pages I occasionally have to use at Dirthlink and
>Commiecast - don't know why I'm expected to put up with this
>constant commercial abuse at a subscription service that I pay
>for - another case of paying customers getting corporaped).

Hi Daniel,

I ditto the sentiment.  Yahoo! Groups were pretty much the only noobie ballgame in town for email groups.  There's competition now, most notably Google Groups.  I've always hated Yahoo! Groups and have always preferred an alternative.  I find Google Groups much more friendly.

BTW, you should see how awful Yahoo! Groups email looks in plain-text.  Dreadful.

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

SIXIT Consulting