[ale] the _REAL_REASON_ for the admin change

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Feb 20 16:41:40 EST 2008

For some reason, Mike, your message prompted me to wonder if
anyone is doing steganography in spam.  Seems to me if you
wanted a surreptitious communication channel, especially one
intended for broadcast to a large audience, then hiding bits
of messages inside the continuous torrent of spam as it passed
through your email server would be an interesting way to
accomplish that.

Hmm, I suppose botnet control messages could be carried in
spam payloads, as well.  It'd be kind of surprising if
that wasn't the case already.

-- JK

--
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be
dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens