[ale] the _REAL_REASON_ for the admin change

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Wed Feb 20 14:12:02 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:52:59AM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Aggression is a good thing, these days, when trying to thwart spam.
> No DNSBL is perfect, but most are reasonable.
I found it blocking too much of my clients' email.  It had to go.

Spam filtering involves working a very fine line between "ya gotta block
more spam" and "you can't block that even if the From: address doesn't
match the domain of the IP and it contains a dirty joke".

> -Jim .P

Best regards,

Bob Toxen, CTO
Horizon Network Security
"Your expert in Spam and Virus Filters, Linux server hardening, Firewalls,
Network Monitoring, Linux System Administration, VPNs, local and remote
backup software, and Network Security consulting, in business for 18 years."

www.VerySecureLinux.com        [Network & Linux/Unix Security Consulting]