[ale] M$ Standing on a bridge

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:31:48 EST 2008

Oh geez. I sincerely hope you're right.  But there's a whole lot of
techno-peasants out there who won't understand how this could be bad.

My folks run a winders machine and don't really understand why I won't even
touch it when I visit.( I own no windows boxes and have only a cursory
knowledge of the OS) Of course,  this makes my brother the default family IT
guy.  Thanksgiving, he was running that weird rewrite-the-whole-disk thing
that windows seems to require periodically when a hardware fault trashed the
disk.  I spent a lot of time explaining that just because that's what was
running, that didn't mean the crash was his fault. Oog. I try to remember
what a cloistered world we live in.

-- CHS