[ale] Anyone Here Using Fedora?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Dec 24 19:32:53 EST 2008

Marc Ferguson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com
> <mailto:lists at serioustechnology.com>> wrote:
>
>     Paul Cartwright wrote:
>     > On Wed December 24 2008, Geoffrey wrote:
>     >> I've got Fedora 8 running on my desktop machine and two laptops.
>     >
>     > just curious,
>     > are you on any fedora lists??
>     > The Debian-users list is pretty active..
>
>     No, I've not had a need to get on the fedora lists.  I'm on a
>     couple of
>     Red Hat lists though.
>

>     --
>     Until later, Geoffrey
>
>     Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
>     temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
>      - Benjamin Franklin
>

> Hey Paul or Anyone really,
>
> Let me know when/if you figure out how to burn DVD movies.  I have a
> couple of .avi files on my hard drive and I'd love to get them in DVD
> format.  I tried, but I don't think I fully understand the video codec
> thingy.

I asked the same question a few days ago.  I got lots of suggestions
and tried them all but finally settled on tovidGui.  It isn't the
easiest, nor the one with the most options but it worked.  None of the
other options produced a usable product.  If you have multiple AVI
files, don't use more than 12 per group, otherwise they won't show up in
the menu.  The program will let you have more, but it only displays the
first 12.

Look back 10-12 days ago for the thread.

Jim.