[ale] Creative Inspire 5.1 speakers won't all play, HUH ?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 22:54:12 EST 2008

That "sounds" like the card is no longer in the same mode. I bet it has a
software switch to make the other sockets "live" and otherwise it just plays
basic stereo from the green socket. I'm not sure how go about looking for a
setting. /etc is a good place to start.

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Courtney Thomas <
courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Plugging the orange, green and black plugs into the same colors on the
> sound
> card, I am only getting the center speaker(s), i.e. no front or rear
> (including the woofer).
>
> It all worked 'til I (carefully) moved the system.
>
> How can I troubleshoot this and what's probably wrong ?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Courtney

James P. Kinney III