[ale] HOW2 cheaply & wirelessly connect to "wired" LAN ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 31 10:33:29 EDT 2008

Greetings Again !

I'd like to be able to take a portable into other rooms of the house without
running cable from the hub.

How can I, in the least expensive way, move the portable about the house
without running cable,
i.e. is there some sort of adapter pair that can, once one is "connected" to
the hub,
transmit to the other [computer] adapter, resulting in the portable being on
the LAN ?

Will this require a wireless card for the portable or must it plug into the
portable with CAT5 cable ?

Does the hub adapter plug into the hub using CAT5 cable, or what ?

Where can these items be gotten most inexpensively, please ?

Thanks to all,

Courtney