[ale] SWAP over NFS

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Apr 16 22:40:11 EDT 2008

laytonjb at charter.net wrote:
> I agree with the other responses - run the apps on the server and export the
> display back to the clients.
>
> But... if you want to try something different, try using flash memory, SD
> card, or what have you, as a swap partition in the client (if your client can
> handle it). I'm not sure what the performance will be, but it could be fun to
> try and compare to other approaches.

Isn't there a rather low physical limit on the total possible number of
read/write cycles
for a particular flash chip?  It seems like swapping on flash would hit
that limit pretty fast.

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
 it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov