[ale] MS Money Alternative (was error booting XP after dual boot install of Ubuntu 7.10)

Matt Kubilus mattkubilus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 16:51:54 EDT 2008

I realize it is supposed to resolve duplicates, but this feature was
not particularly reliable.  After loading data a few times I found
that my expenses were mysteriously growing.

There are a few problems with selecting a range.  For one, you may
have pending transactions on the cusp of your selected range.  How do
you gaurante that these are included?  Also, Suntrust likes to post
everything from the weekend on Tueday, so some caution is required
when you select your range.  The solution is to have some overlap, but
since the application doesn't handle overlap very well, you are kind
of SOL.

Furthermore, this a problem that computers should handle.  Perhaps
they've fixed this, if so, great.  Maybe you manually enter
transactions into your program, then this is a non-issue.

-Matt