[ale] openoffice

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Sep 21 07:30:47 EDT 2007

I downloaded and installed openoffice 2.3, using aptitude -i *.deb

now when I run aptitude upgrade I get this:
# aptitude install kdebase-data
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:
  openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-draw
  openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-writer
  kdebase
  kdebase-data
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 6 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 9764kB of archives. After unpacking 217kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

this morning, when I for logged on, my office menu was empty of any office
packages, so I went back in and reinstalled them and the desktop menus.
Am I doing something wrong??

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800