[ale] Linux HA

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Oct 31 16:21:02 EDT 2007

> In both cases it seems my only recourse is to allow my slave to also
> control the power of the master.  If #1 and #2 exist the slave can

> Ideas?

If you are willing to go as far as controlling power, why not either:

    1. some kind of physical ethernet cable disconnect
       ranging from a powered cable shear, to something more elegant
       like controlling power to a hub/repeater.

    2. snmp managing the ethernet switch to disconnect the port.
       Possible on some higher end ethernet switches.