[ale] 1U server question

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Oct 25 10:56:29 EDT 2007

Ryan Fish wrote:
> [...]

You guys have pretty much convinced me to forget this idea.  As I
mentioned before this isn't going to bring in any money and with a 1U
colo costing up to and beyond $100/mo, adding a switch and/or other
hardware will probably double that number.  I'm trying to get by on the
cheap.  :(  I thought my hardware in a colo location might be cheaper
than getting a dedicated system somewhere, but it sure doesn't look like
that's gonna happen.

I guess I'll just have to find a friendly colo close by so if I need to
connect to the console, I can run by with a laptop for the serial port.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Jim.