[ale] An API Problem

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Mon Oct 22 15:32:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have hesitated about sending this question because I thought it
might not be acceptable, but since it looks like the OS at YouTube is
Linux, I have decided to send it. I sent the question to a forum at
YouTube, but I think I might get a better answer here.

I have one email account and have set up several authors
(auth1,auth2,auth3, etc) with auth1 being the first one set up and
they all have been set up using this email account.  Note: These
author names are dummy names. But there is an API problem.

The following works:

<http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/videos?author=auth1>http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/videos?author=auth1

The following do not work:

<http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/videos?author=auth2>http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/videos?author=auth2

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/videos?author=auth3

I am wondering if the API requires a one-to-one correspondence
between authors and email addresses?

Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thinks,

Terry Bailey