[ale] files from a mac

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:32:13 EDT 2007

a friend of mine has a folder on his Apple laptop that holds pictures,
some text documents, etc., and asked to borrow my USB thumbdrive to move
them from machine to machine.  only some of the files transferred, even
after he tried it several times.

it seemed like the files moved because i can see:
filename.jpeg
.filename.jpeg

for each picture.  (it looks like one is a link to the other)

also the documents show "unrecognizable" format or some such.

so is it because he is moving his stuff from a Mac to a FAT32 USB Drive
and we are viewing it on my Linux laptop?  i wouldn't have thought there
would have been a problem, but i haven't dealt with any Apple stuff
since the IIe.  :D

thanks guys,
Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/