[ale] apcupsd

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Oct 15 21:15:59 EDT 2007

On Mon October 15 2007 7:22 pm, Brian Pitts wrote:
> Yes it does, but they're in /etc not /etc/init.d.

I found those right after I opened my big mouth:)

> You can test your init scripts without rebooting simply by running them
> with the appropriate parameters (eg start, stop). You can test the links
> by changing runlevels with telinit.

nice . so I copied apcupsd from /etc/init.d /etc/rc3.d
and I ran /etc/rc3.d/apcupsd stop

and got this:
# /etc/rc5.d/apcupsd stop
Please check your configuration  ISCONFIGURED in /etc/default/apcupsd
paulandcilla:/etc#
so I looked in /etc/default/apcupsd and found this:

# more /etc/default/apcupsd
# Apcupsd-devel internal configuration

APCACCESS=/sbin/apcaccess
ISCONFIGURED=no

SO, I vi'd the file and changed no to yes, and now it works.

one down, now to look at ntp..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800