[ale] apcupsd

Ashley Wilson awilson at smartfurniture.com
Mon Oct 15 14:06:48 EDT 2007

I usually write a short init script in rc.d and link it to start in the
appropriate rc#.d directory.  Here's one for tomcat that I mangle to suit my
needs:
http://www.akadia.com/download/soug/tomcat/html/tomcat_startscript.html

linked thusly:

ln -s /etc/init.d/tomcat /etc/init.d/rc0.d/K91tomcat
ln -s /etc/init.d/tomcat /etc/init.d/rc1.d/K91tomcat
ln -s /etc/init.d/tomcat /etc/init.d/rc2.d/S91tomcat
ln -s /etc/init.d/tomcat /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S91tomcat
ln -s /etc/init.d/tomcat /etc/init.d/rc4.d/S91tomcat
ln -s /etc/init.d/tomcat /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S91tomcat
ln -s /etc/init.d/tomcat /etc/init.d/rc6.d/K91tomcat

you may have to alter the paths, this is from Suse.

Granted, this may not be the best way to do things, but it works for me :)