[ale] frontend: Dialog ?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Oct 8 11:52:58 EDT 2007

On Mon October 8 2007 10:10 am, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> If you had an X tunnel working for X windows on the user you initially
> logged in as via ssh you can make this available to the root user after
> you su ?or sudo su:
>
> export XAUTHORITY=~<originaluser>/.Xauthority
>
> That lets it use the tunnel you'd already established for the original
> user.

no it is my box, and all I did was open a terminal window and do "su"
I keep one of those windows open most times...

#  export XAUTHORITY=~pbc/.Xauthority
paulandcilla:~# dpkg-reconfigure dpkg
dpkg-reconfigure: cannot connect to X server
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Kde
debconf: (DISPLAY problem?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog
paulandcilla:~#

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800