[ale] NVIDIA linux support (NOT)

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Oct 7 07:16:07 EDT 2007

On Sat October 6 2007 9:51 pm, James Taylor wrote:
> Here's a link to what boards are supported by what drivers.
>
> http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/100.14.19/README/appendix-a
>.html

GEForce 7300 LE is mine, is supported..

> Unless you have a really old board, the current driver
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_100.14.19.html
>
> should work fine.
right..

> I have to say that I've never had a problem with any nvidia commercial
> drivers on any board or distribution I've used.
>
> I use nvidia exclusively in my pc's and notebooks for that reason. ?I even
> have a few pc's with on-board ATI chips that I have disabled so I could put
> in an nvidia card.
I only ever had a problem one time when I ran SUSE, one update wouldn't work (
NVIDIA newer driver) but I updated my SUSE kernel every time and had X up and
running in 10 minutes. I must be doing it the wrong way, because I've had
nothing but problems getting Debian's X to work after a kernel update. I
know... RTFM.. I bookmarked that WIKI page for future use, but I think ENVY
has solved my problems, it took all of 2 minutes and a reboot and everything
worked fine.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800