[ale] Anyone doing Oracle RAC on Linux?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Oct 5 08:29:46 EDT 2007

Thanks.

RDAC is a new term to me.  We're using EMC Clariion CX3-20c array via
fibre (redundant Qlogic 2460 HBAs on the hosts).  We use EMC PowerPath
on the hosts for multipathing.  A quick Google search seems to imply
RDAC relates to doing multipathing.

I'm wondering if I need to concern myself with RDAC since the emcp
drivers for EMC PowerPath are in use here?

That is to say is RDAC something one needs for when they don't already
have a multipathing solution like PowerPath or is it something inherent
to the way Linux would treat any disk array (in 2.6 kernels)?

On our older RHEL3 (2.4 kernel) install we had pretty much the same
storage configuration.  Essentially we zone the storage out via two
paths from a CX700 array two redundant Qlogic HBAs on the hosts.   With
EMC PowerPath there I can see four paths for all zoned storage LUNs.