No subject

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Mon Oct 8 09:28:21 EDT 2007

"This application provides a method of displaying several different
types of dialog boxes from shell scripts. This allows a developer of a
script to interact with the user in a much friendlier manner."

In short, it's what dpkg uses to prompt you for configuration inputs.
I imagine you have dpkg configured to use the X frontend. Try
`dpkg-reconfigure dpkg`.