[ale] OT: Craig's list scammer and StarTrek

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 12:54:12 EST 2007

Daniel Howard wrote:

> My favorite part that I forgot about was, in addition to Spock showing
> emotion in smiling at the blue foliage, after the beam down scene when
> only the women beam down, Spock jumps with his legs and arms spread
> out and screams "The Women!!!"  Totally uncharacteristic of him, and
> hilarious as a result.
This is one continuity problem that they couldn't quite paper over.  The
Spock character had been "re-imagined" significantly by the time "When
No Man Has Gone Before" was filmed.  The passage of "story time" between
the episodes (11 years?) and the implied suggestion that Spock must have
laid off the Sanka while serving under Kirk is just barely believable.

> But the new digital FX of the ship and space scenes are AWESOME!
> Check out some of the remastered episodes on TVLand early in the
> morning to see them, even in standard def, they're great.
They would have certainly looked better on TVLand than they did at
Snellville Oaks!