[ale] [OT] Flash Drive Lag

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 30 15:25:04 EDT 2007

I have a 4GB Lexar, and it is as fast (at least as far as I can tell) as
my 512K Lexar. There is no niticable difference in speed. I have a 4GB
that I bought at Microcenter, but it wasn't their brand, and it is a
LITTLE slower than the Lexar, but not much.

It could be the quality of the memory that they use in those drives is
not as good. there has to be some difference, or the price would be the
same (or comparable).

Dan