[ale] Microsoft Windows ousted at California school district

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:05:13 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 11:41 -0500, Jeff Lightner wrote:

> Nice.  Too bad they picked the distro that signed the agreement about
> patents with MS.

Definitely.  I would prefer to have seen them go with Red Hat (if they
had to use a commercially backed distribution, anyway; I certainly
wouldn't want to use RPMs, myself) or Ubuntu or something.

Nonetheless, the GNU/Linux system is the GNU/Linux system, so the fact
that vendor lock-in doesn't really exist in this world is a good thing.

    ? Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!