[ale] Windstream internet

Mike Kachline mkachline at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 22:48:01 EDT 2007

Chris,

  I've been telecommuting from our 3MB windstream DSL connection for over a
year now and have had few, if any problems; am also running vonage across
said link. All-in-all, I would give windstream high marks for network
reliability.

  With our DSL connection, we received a Speedstream modem which I have
traditionally found to be flaky. If you get a speedstream, I would suggest
you put the modem in 'bridged' mode, and use something real for maintaining
your PPPoE connection. I've got an ipcop router handling PPPoE connections
and have, again, been very happy with my connectivity.

  - Mike

--
Mike Kachline
mkachline at gmail.com