[ale] OT: Flat-Screen TV Furniture

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at ike2.room17.com
Sun Jul 29 22:48:10 EDT 2007

On 07/29/2007 04:21:34 PM, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> I've been forced by circumstance (namely, failing HV power
> supply, I'd
> wager) into replacing a >10-year-old tube TV set.
>
> As if wrapping my brain around the vagaries of HDTV and
> eyepatch- and
> parrot-wearing cable companies weren't enough, I'm having
> trouble
> finding appropriate furniture to put the modest 32" diag. set
> on.
>
> The offerings at Target, Ikea, and Wal-Mart have not thrilled.

Well, lets skip my usual advice about dumping TV entirely 8-).
I suspect you are in for some serious shopping for this. As a
possiblity, you might consider looking for an unfinished
furniture store in your area. I've been very happy with the
dining room table we bought unfinished some twenty odd years
ago, and learned to hate the china cabinet we bought at the same
time. You might get lucky...